Raskachkina Elena Vladimirovna, Lecturer, sub-department of foreign languages, Penza Artillery Engineering Institute (branch) of the Military Academy of Logistics named after General A. V. Hrulyov (Penza-5, Russia), Raskachkina@mail.ru
Varnikova Olga Vasilevna, Doctor of pedagogical sciences, associate professor, head of sub-department of foreign languages, Penza Artillery Engineering Institute (branch) of the Military Academy of Logistics named after General A. V. Hrulyov (Penza-5, Russia), email@example.com
Background. The cardinal changes in the Russian society at the end of the XXth – beginning of the XXIst centuries have concerned all spheres of activity: social, economic, cultural, ethnopolitical, etc. They have caused a need for changes in the system of higher education, particularly, for an increase of vocational training efficiency of future experts, who speak a foreign language. Today knowledge of foreign languages is an important indicator of professional competence, the factor which increases competitiveness of higher school graduates in the labor market, in particular, on the basis of their readiness for realization of professional values. According to FSES HPE the purpose of the “Foreign language” subject represents a systematic, organized process directed to functional use of the learned foreign language in professional activity, to formation of an emotional and valuable relation to professional values. The work purpose is to analyse the experimental work on formation of the emotional-and-valuable component of professional values of technical university students in the course of foreign-language preparation.
Materials and methods. The theoretical and methodological basis of the research included concepts of professional formation of personality; modern concepts of education content; provisions of the theory and technique of foreign languages teaching; the axiological approach; the persoalityn-centered approach in training; the communicative approach in foreign languages training. The solution of the objectives has been provided by a complex of research complementary methods: theoretical, empirical, methods of mathematical statistics.
Results. The formation level of five out of seven indicators of the emotional-andvaluable component of professional values, formed by us in the experimental group, was higher than in the control group at the end of the experiment. As for the development dynamics of the indicators of the emotional-and-valuable component of professional values, the obtained data testify to its positive direction only in the experimental group. In the control group, the formation level of some indicators of this component remained low.
Conclusions. The carried-out experimental work stated an increase of the formation level of the indicators of the emotional-and-valuable component of professional values of technical university students in the course of foreign-language preparation.
1. Raygorodskiy T. Ya. Prakticheskaya psikhodiagnostika. Metodika i testy: ucheb. posobie [Practical psychodiagnostics. Methods and tests: tutorial]. Samara: BAKhRAKh-M, 2006.
2. Karandashev V. N. Metodika Shchvartsa dlya izucheniya tsennostey lichnosti: kontseptsiya i metodicheskoe rukovodstvo [The Schwarz technique of personality values examination: the conception and methodological guide]. Saint-Petersburg: Rech', 2004, 70 p.
3. Pervyy kurs – vospitatel'naya rabota [The first year – fostering activities]. Comp. by N. I. Kucher, G. I. Zinina, A. V. Ponomarev, E. V. Osipchukova, Yu. R. Vishnevskiy, S. I. Mineeva, L. N. Borodina, E. G. Kalinina, A. V. Titov. Ekaterinburg: Izd-vo AMB, 2002, 195 p.
4. Varnikova O. V., Raskachkina E. V. Nemetskiy – yazyk obshcheniya: ucheb. posobie po nemetskomu yazyku [German language – a language of communication: German language tutorial]. Penza: PGUAS, 2008, 104 p.
5. Raskachkina E. V., Varnikova O. V., Kryukova S. V. Uchimsya govorit' po-nemetski: ucheb. posobie [Learning to speak German: tutorial]. 2nd ed. Penza: Izd-vo Penz. gos. tekhnol. akad., 2013, 239 p.
6. Raskachkina E. V., Varnikova O. V. Zemel'nyy kadastr. Die Grundlage der Katasterstheorie: ucheb. posobie po nemetskomu yazyku [Land cadaster. Foundations of the cadaster theory: tutorial in German language]. Penza: PGUAS, 2007, 132 p.
7. Raskachkina E. V., Varnikova O. V. Gorodskoy kadastr v Rossii i Germanii: ucheb. posobie [Municipal cadaster in Russian and Germany: tutorial]. Penza: PGUAS, 2011, 184 p.
8. Raskachkina E. V., Varnikova O. V. Nemetsko-russkiy i russko-nemetskiy slovar' po zemleustroystvu [German-to-Russian and Russian-to-German land management dictionary]. Penza: PGUAS, 2011, 64 p.
9. Raskachkina E. V., Varnikova O. V. XXI vek: itogi proshlogo i problemy nastoyashchego plyus [XXI century: results of the past and problems of the future plus]. 2013, no. 11 (15), pp. 108–113.
10. Sidorenko E. V. Metody matematicheskoy obrabotki v psikhologii [Mathematical processing methods in psychology]. Saint-Petersburg: Rech', 2004, 350 p.